Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday...a day of rest?

Monday through Friday I fantasize about the weekend...the very idea of having two days off to do nothing can often get me through the five days of trying to do everything. Here's the rub. The weekend is EXHAUSTING! How can I possibly rest when I have a million things on my "to-do" list -- none of which (sans posting to this blog) I find particularly savory?????

Saturday I run, run, run. Sunday comes. I delude myself into thinking that I am going to sleep late, linger over coffee and the newspaper...and take a nap in the afternoon. Yeah, right. How many of you are actually doing that too? I'd venture to say few to none.

With that in mind...I'll leave that thought on the table, so that I can deal with the bills and other paperwork, laundry, dishes and Hallmark cards waiting to be scribbled in, that are piled high next to it. Gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do.

Have a restful Sunday...chat later.

3 comments:

JMW said...

Well Andy... Like they say, 'A woman's work is never delegated!' Have a good week. xo

Andy said...

Oh Phyllis, you are so wise...did Rhoda give you that quip? xo, MTM

JMW said...

no hon. came from a lovely host at a palm springs guest house. oh the things that stay in my head.